So now, I will write about what was going on in Hyeres, who were the winners and who were the designers who competed.
So first, here are the 10 designers, who "competed":
1) Juliette Alleaume and Marie Vial - France
- collection's theme: scarecrow
- collection characters: spontaneity, experimentation and reflection upon the human form and futuristic idols
- collection's theme: colonial memory of his home country, Denmark
- collection characters: spirit world, understanding the history and personal connection to the historical elements
3) Michael Kampe - Germany
- collection's theme: menswear
- collection characters: designs against the rules of menswear, wearable art and couture and changes of society
4) Maryam Kordbacheh - Netherlands
- collection's theme: organic formation of natural world
- collection characters: simplicity and handcraft
5) Oriane Lecrecq - Belgium
- collection's theme: surface, appearance and fascination for smoothness
- collection characters: synthetic materials, shiny textures and shape of the body
6) Janosch Mallwitz - Germany
- collection's theme: youth and identity
- collection characters: characters of outfits of American high school and graduation ceremony
- collection's theme: native Switzerland
- collection characters: connection between tradition and modernity, restriction and freedom, fragility and strength
8) Céline Méteil - France
- collection's theme: muslin, the natural texture
- collection characters: floated and structured muslin-dresses
9) Oda Pausma - Netherlands
- collection's theme: vanished love
- collection characters: black silhouettes, leather, structured lines and a melancholic feeling
10) Léa Peckre - France
- collection's theme: cemeteries
- collection characters: translation of the world with structured shapes and the colours of the harshness of the tombstones
The commonality of the collections is very clear: each designer had a connection to nature, humanity, the way of being a human. I think nowadays it's very important to show people, for example through arts or fashion, how should our connection to nature be, and how important it is, where we come from, which traditions we have and how all these things are appearing in our life today.
Fashion designing is a perfect way to make people pay an attention on our ambience, our environment. Through the textures and materials, but also through inspirations and ideas designers can give a good example how the balance in our world should be.
My favourite: Émilie Meldem from Switzerland - I loved the way she presented the native Switzerland, through the interesting textures and light colours. The shapes mirrored the contrasts between tradition and modernity, restriction and freedom, fragility and strength. These shapes made this collection to my favourite one!
Special Prize: Émilie Meldem
Premiere Vision Prize: Céline Méteil
Jury Prize: Léa Peckre
Whose collection do you like the most?
I will also write about the photographers, if you are interested. :)
If you would like to know more about these young, talented designers, watch this video: